Terms and Conditions for Oxford Playhouse Managed Sites
Terms and Conditions of Sale for Oxford Playhouse Events Only
- The purchase of a ticket entitles the bearer to access to the event named, at the time and date stated on the face of the ticket. Please check your ticket(s) carefully on receipt, and notify Oxford Playhouse as soon as reasonably possible, if the event/date/time is not as you expected.
- Any paper tickets remain the property of Oxford Playhouse. The reselling of this ticket for profit or commercial gain makes it void.
- When you purchase (a) ticket(s) through Oxford Playhouse’s ticket office your contact and ticket details will be held by Oxford Playhouse to administer the ticket booking system. The information is held for administrative and statistical purposes only. We will not contact you further unless you agree to us doing so, or to inform you of a material alteration to the event. In line with current data protection law, your details will only be passed to third party organisations if you have agreed to this.
Payment details will be encrypted in our secure booking system.
- When you book tickets online you must ensure the details you enter are both correct and accurate.
- Babies under 18 months old are welcome for family specific performances but will require a free lap ticket which can be booked via the ticket office.
- Oxford Playhouse is committed to providing access to all, and is happy to make any reasonable adjustment to ensure you enjoy your visit. If you have any specific concerns regarding Oxford Playhouse‘s ability to accommodate you please talk to our ticket office staff prior to your visit.
- Discount ticket(s) are offered with proof of entitlement only and do not apply to tickets being resold at face value on behalf of another customer.
- Reservations will only be held without payment in your name for 4 days, after which, if you have not made payment, they will be released for general sale again. We do not accept requests for reservations during the week of the performance.
- If you are making a booking on behalf of a party/group, you are responsible for all payments due from the party/group and must ensure the party/group is made aware of these terms and conditions of sale and admission. Oxford Playhouse reserves the right to place restrictions on the volume of any tickets ordered.
- If you find you are unable to use your ticket(s) for whatever reason, Oxford Playhouse ticket office can try to resell them for you, on the understanding that Oxford Playhouse’s own available remaining tickets take priority. Oxford Playhouse will only be able to resell pre-collected ticket(s) that have actually been returned to the ticket office, or ticket(s) that are waiting for collection care of the ticket office. You must request that Oxford Playhouse resell your ticket(s) and/or return your ticket(s) to the ticket office as soon as possible before the advertised start time of the event. We will make all reasonable attempts to resell your tickets, however we cannot guarantee resale.
- Oxford Playhouse is able to exchange ticket(s) (to the same value) if you find yourself unable to use them for whatever reason. Oxford Playhouse can only exchange pre-collected ticket(s) that have actually been returned to the box office, or ticket(s) that are waiting for collection care of box office. You must inform Oxford Playhouse, at least 24 hours prior to the advertised start time of the event for which you are unable to use your tickets, which event you wish to exchange them for (subject to availability).
- If you lose your ticket(s) please notify Oxford Playhouse ticket office immediately. We can arrange for replacement ticket(s) to be available for collection immediately prior to the event from the ticket office. We do not post out replacement ticket(s). Oxford Playhouse requires at least 2 hours prior to the advertised start time of an event to arrange replacement tickets.
- Oxford Playhouse is happy to offer a full refund, or offer to exchange your ticket(s) (to the same value) for another event if we cancel or alter in a material way an event, as advertised.
- In the event of a cancelled performance Oxford Playhouse will not be liable for additional travel or accommodation expenses.
- Oxford Playhouse will not be liable in any way if an event or performance is abandoned due to any factors which are beyond our reasonable control such as, acts of god: including earthquakes, storms, flooding: power failure or fire: force majeure: including war, terrorist acts, and civil commotion.
- Programme events start at the time advertised and we reserve the right to delay or refuse the admittance of latecomers if in the reasonable opinion of Oxford Playhouse admittance would affect the enjoyment of the audience and /or the performance of the artist(s) and /or the running of the event.
- Oxford Playhouse reserves the right to refuse admission to any customer or to request any ticket holder to leave if, in the reasonable opinion of Oxford Playhouse admission to the venue or event might be a risk to the safety of the audience and /or customer and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the running of the event. Under the terms of our licence agreements Oxford Playhouse is required to refuse admittance to any person in a state of intoxication or whose conduct is deemed to be conducive to any breach of the peace.
- Guide and Hearing dogs are welcome, other animals, are not permitted in the premises.
- Recording, photography or copying of any artistic performance, work or film is not permitted under the terms of Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and subsequent amendments). Application can be made for specific, limited, personal, educational or press purposes by contacting the Marketing Department on 01865 305388. ·
- Unauthorised recording, photography and copying of any artistic performance, work or film within Oxford Playhouse is not permitted.
- For the enjoyment of all visitors, Oxford Playhouse requests mobile phones/pagers are turned off during a performance and ask that you refrain from talking through a performance.
- Smoking is not permitted during any programme event or within Oxford Playhouse.
- Drinks may be taken into the auditorium in plastic containers. Glass containers, bottles and breakable items that might cause a hazard in an emergency are not permitted in the auditorium.
- Sitting in any gangway which intersects or flanks the seating is not permitted within Oxford Playhouse’s Theatre.
- Strobe lighting, smoke effects and raised sound levels are sometimes used in events and performances, Oxford Playhouse will display signage to this effect clearly at the entrance to the event. If you have any particular concerns please talk to ticket office staff prior to the event.
- Oxford Playhouse aims to provide a safe, welcoming environment for all of our visitors. We recommend you keep all personal belongings with you at all times. In the absence of any negligence or breach of duty by Oxford Playhouse or its staff you will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to your belongings.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits the liability of Oxford Playhouse for death or personal injury caused by Oxford Playhouse’s negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Oxford Playhouse is committed to providing quality service, facilities and programme. If you have any comments following your visit, please talk to a member of staff who will be happy to take down the details and/or discuss with you.
Terms and Conditions of Sale for Tickets Oxford Events Only
The Promoter reserves the right to:
- Refuse admission to, or request any ticket holder to leave in reasonable circumstances.
- Delay or refuse the admittance of latecomers.
- Make any alterations to the advertised programme as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
Tickets Oxford can only offer refunds and exchange as instructed by individual promoters - please refer any queries to the promoter.