Fri 22 Sep, Top Room
Oxford Playwrights are back for a third time presenting a collection of their popular short plays, bringing together local writers and local actors for this special annual event in the Top Room.
Oxford Playwrights’ members have between them established a portfolio of diverse new writing, including professional productions of their work at home and abroad.
Tickets - which include a sandwich lunch - are great value. So book early to avoid disappointment as these rare lunchtime shows always attract a lot of interest.
Play descriptions are as follows:
1. Nighmare - Fitness-freak Donna has got a new job which should be good news... shouldn't it?
2. Cooking for Candice - A vegetarian bride to be stresses over having to entertain her meat-loving and disapproving mother-in-law.
3. Hungerford - This play covers the conclusion of the Hungerford shooting massacre of 1987 when the killer, Michael Ryan, is holed up in a school, engaged in a somewhat tense and surreal negotiation with two police officers.
4. Place Setting - Aspiration and change: they stalk us in the most sober of settings.
5. A recipe for Intolerance - it has become increasingly difficult to feed friends and family now that everyone is intolerant of something!
Duration: 1 hour 15mins
Tickets £7 (include sandwich lunch)